Sunday, September 09, 2018

Our Paths Met Today…

This morning’s vignette…

Charlie brought breakfast at a reasonable time this morning. He was just chattering away. He actually asked me what the weather was going to be like which shocked me. Charlie doesn’t keep up with the weather.

“Smooth sailing,” I told him. “We have only a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms.”

Charlie bid me goodbye and told me to enjoy my breakfast.

I decided to swing by my father’s house after breakfast and see what he was up to. He was still in his pajamas watching the Florida, Kentucky game. He was all excited because Kentucky hadn’t beaten Florida in thirty one years. Charlie arrived with his sausage biscuit and senior coffee and things got really interesting.

Charlie was talking a mile a minute while dad was trying to watch the football game.

“Damnit John, turn that TV off while you have guests,” Charlie spat at my father. “You are being rude!” 

Dad, like a reluctant, whimpering puppy, turned the television off.

Charlie had an extra sausage biscuit and thrust it into my hands. Charlie had already put yellow mustard on it like I like it.

No comments: