Sunday, September 16, 2018

News On George…

A man stopped by George’s house yesterday and started to clean it. He moved many things up to the road where the road vultures picked through it and took the choice pieces like George's favorite drinking chair. I walked over to inquire about George.

“He got evicted,” was what the man told me. “I know little else. I’m just hired to clean the house.”

So you know as much as I do now. Charlie remarkably said that’s what happened to George days ago.

“Joyce’s pious sister isn’t going to put up with all that drunken debauchery,” is what Charlie said.

Joyce was my friend and cohort in mental illness who originally owned the home until she passed away. Her sister inherited the house.

3 comments:

Sharyn said...

Well, that's good. At least we know he's alive somewhere! Wonder who the NEW renters will be?

Anonymous said...

I like an occasional glass of wine or two, but George sounded like a full blown alcoholic. I hope he gets some help.

Jennifer <3

glittermom said...

I wonder if he had a place to go. Hope he’s not homeless. New neighbors for you I guess.