Tuesday, September 04, 2018

SNAFU My Dear…

nurses rock“I got so worried about you when you didn’t show up for your injection this morning,” Rebecca, my nurse, told me. “I called your dad at the pharmacy and he filled me in on what was going on.”

“I could’ve slept in this morning,” I said with a broad grin and a chuckle. “I was up at 7:30 giving dad a wakeup call and getting ready to leave at nine.”

“Let’s get you injected and on your way home,” Rebecca said as she led me into an examining room.

“How’s your diet going?” she then asked me

“Kind of status quo at the moment,” I replied. “At least I haven’t gained any weight.”

Rebecca has gained some weight as well. She has always struggled with her weight in the ten years we have been doing this. We are kindred spirits on those regards.

My shot didn’t burn today and I didn’t bleed so I guess that is a good thing.

“Bye y’all!” I said to the office staff who were all smiling and waving goodbye.

I grabbed my next appointment card on the way with a rendezvous with Old Fuss and Feathers and fussy he was when I asked if they had ordered my $400 computer monitor.

“We might get to it after work!” he snapped at me. 

3 comments:

glittermom said...

How’s your weather down there with these storms?

glittermom said...

Hurricane Florence.

Sharyn said...

Nurses do rock! My daughter was one for a long time.