Tuesday, September 11, 2018

You Should’ve Seen Jermaine Grin…

spark plugsThis afternoon was spent tuning up Jermaine’s big V-8 engine. I just love working on old cars. Jermaine wanted to do it yesterday afternoon, but I was too lazy and tired after volunteering.

There was a marked difference in the before and after. You could set a glass of water on Jermaine’s air cleaner and it wouldn’t vibrate off after I tuned it up. I was really proud of myself at how smooth the engine was running.

The hardest part was gapping and installing the new spark plugs. I had eight old plugs to uninstall and eight more to gap and install. Once that was done then it was smooth sailing after that.

It started to thunder and that was my cue to head on home and watch the weather as Jermaine climbed in his car to go fill it up with gas. He called me later telling me how much more powerful his engine was as well.

“Go easy on that old V-8,” I told him as I grinned and chuckled.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

What a wonderful friend you are.

Summer said...

You are such a great son and friend!