Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Don’t Leave Me in the Dark!

Broken Old TelevisionDad called me last night at 10:30 pm. I was just fixing to head to bed. I had already turned off my main computer and was sitting in my recliner in the den with my tablet computer looking at the weather radar.

“Help!” he said frantically. “The power went out and now my television is stuck at the opening logo and won’t go past it.”

“Don’t you ever sleep?” I asked with a chuckle. “I will be over in ten minutes.”

I pulled on some shorts and shoes and headed out the front door.

I unplugged the TV for ten minutes and then plugged it back in. I hit power on the remote and the TV fired to life, showed the Samsung logo along with its little jingle, and then started to play a television station. Georgia Public Television to be exact.

“I’ve been on the phone an hour with the WOW! lady trying different things and she couldn’t fix it and it takes you ten minutes and the problem is solved,” my father told me. “You’re a genius!”

“Now check YouTube,” my father then said anxiously.

I tuned it to Auburn football highlights and my father was happy as a clam in its shell.

“I have a date with my bed,” I said yawning loudly. “You’ve got to work in the morning so don’t you stay up too late.”

“I am going to try and get that screen ordered for you tomorrow,” dad told me.

Dad was gushing with praise for me as I walked out the back door and drove home. I can’t say I didn’t puff my chest up a little bit and feel proud I could help him.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Your father sure freaks out when there’s TV trouble. Lucky he has you to call...