Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Grocery Shopping for the Stout of Heart and Mind…

Dad vehemently insisted we go tonight so I went…

“Have you looked at the weather radar?” I asked him over our cellphones.

“A little water won’t kill you,” he blithely replied. “Besides, you’ve got to be hungry. Aren’t you out of food by now?”

Yes, I was out of food. I was subsisting on cheese on wheat crackers.

I was in the mood for soup tonight so that was my main expenditure. I got a little bit of every thing from minestrone to loaded baked potato to vegetable beef chunky soups. My big splurge tonight was Hebrew National wieners or franks as some people call them. They cost a fortune, but they are so delicious. We will be having hotdogs for supper one night in the next week. Maggie thinks they are the bee’s knees. 

It was raining heavily and lightning as I loaded up my groceries into my trunk. I got soaking wet while my father went back inside to do some shopping of his own. He says he is going to cook this weekend.

“You seem to be struggling tonight,” my father told me before he left for the confines of Kroger.

“I am! That’s what you get with mental illness sometimes,” I replied. “I can’t seem to get all my ducks in a row tonight.”

I hurried home only to get even more wet unloading my groceries into the kitchen from the car. Maggie looked on like what fools are humans. 

4 comments:

Sharyn said...

Aww, you love a good storm! You Hebrew Nationals remind me of Bill's need for Glazier Hot Dogs. These are only available in upstate NY (altho I hear they have a website now). We phone a small market without internet access and order 20 lbs each time. That's good for about a month. We live on the things. Not much balance but a lot of protein!

glittermom said...

How are things with you today? Better I hope..when you don’t post for a few days I know your troubled. Take care, it will pass.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Andrew? Oh, Andrew? I missed my daily dose of your life yesterday. Remember what they always say in AA, "This too shall pass!" Big hugs if you are feely poorly. Your friend,

Jennifer <3<3<3<3

Sharyn said...

We miss you! And you know we'll hunt you down! Wasn't it during the mid 2000 that decided to stop blogging and someone sent the cops to your door on a wellness check? LOL

If you are in a bad place, you know you can get ahold of me.....