Saturday, September 08, 2018

Playing Second Fiddle to Football…

I drove over to my father’s house at 11 am to spend some time with him. We hardly said five words. He was watching all the pregame football shows on the television. I should say fixated upon as that would be a better phrase.

“See ya, Pops,” I said as I got up to leave.

“You going so soon? You just got here,” he replied.

I grabbed two Pepsi out of the fridge and went about my way.

The Auburn game starts at 7:30 pm tonight so he has lots of time this morning to watch all the pregame shows and catch a game or two.

There were a lot of years I spent drinking and neglecting my relationship with him so I can’t say too much in derision of my father. Tit for tat as the old saying goes. 

Jennifer…

I love Tracy in a deep friendship kind of way. We’re comrades. She’s 26 years old so it would be a May to December kind of relationship. Sorry, no romance is brewing. <3  (I know that is supposed to be a heart, but it looks like the mouse graphics on a Victor mouse trap to me.)

Sharyn…

I have no way of connecting with George. Like I said earlier, he just got in his car at dusk and never returned. I am hoping he is in one of those 90 day treatment programs. One month of intensive treatment, and two months in a halfway house. He had nothing tying him to his house except it was just a place to sleep. He barely had any furniture. HIs yard is starting to look like a jungle, though.

Internet Woes…

I am having a lot of trouble with my internet connection so if I go silent for a day or two then you know why. I have double checked every thing on my end and things are working fine so it must be WOW! having the hiccups. My network of computers are working just dandy. I sometimes have to hit publish a dozen times before my blog post will go onto the blog. It’s an exercise in frustration.

No comments: