Saturday, September 01, 2018

Fate Eternam…

This turned out to be a jumbled mess of a blog post! Sorry! That’s what I get for trying to write a blog post with an ailing mind tonight.

Well, Auburn won. That ought to keep the grumpiness away for another week. Dad called me driving back from Atlanta and I feigned interest. I keep up with things just so I can walk the walk and talk the talk. The internet is great for keeping up with scores and highlights of the game.

“Can you believe we beat the number six team in the nation?” he asked.

“Yeah, it was a good win,” I replied.

Dad was all gushing with praise for his team and the young quarterback.

“I have high hopes for this season now,” he said. “That was our Atlas marker.”

They play Alabama State next week which is an unranked opponent.

Charlie Beckons…

Charlie also called me today to see how I have been doing. We haven’t seen much of each other these past few weeks.

“Remember, I am bringing you and Maggie breakfast in the morning,” he said. “So don’t eat anything and ruin your breakfast.”

I told him how much improved McDonald’s biscuits have been lately and he agreed.

“Hardee’s was stealing their biscuit trade as they used to have the best sausage biscuit,” Charlie replied. “McDonald’s had to do something about it.”

I could only dream of two Hardee’s steak biscuits every Sunday. Drools… Got to make do with what you’ve got, though.

Sundries…

I woke up at the undoglike (love my spell checker) hour of 6:30 AM this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep. I am supposed to take my medications at noon, but I took them early at 9 AM out of desperation. Soon, my eyelids were as heavy as lead and I laid down and slept for about four more hours.

Maggie just loves it when I get on the computer room bed. I am thinking of starting to sleep in there again for her benefit. She won’t sleep on the huge bed in my bedroom that Charlie gave me.

No comments: