Monday, September 24, 2018

We Have a Sick Dog On Our Hands…

The day was off to a pretty normal start. I arrived at nine and started my chores. That’s eight central time just when the Humane Society opens.

Animal control brought in two dogs today not long after I had arrived. I carried them both back and put them in kennels. I noticed one dog was doing something strange. It kept trying to lick its anus.

“Let me take a closer look at you fella,” I said entering the kennel.

The dog was shivering and blood was dribbling out of his rear end. I immediately went up front and told Mrs. Barbara.

“Crate him up and I will take him to the vet,” Mrs. Barbara told me.

Tracy and I waited anxiously for about an hour continuing with our chores until Mrs. Barbara returned.

“The dog has a chicken bone lodged in its small intestine,” she said. “They are going to perform surgery to remove the bone and the dog should be fine.”

That made us all feel better. You hate to see an animal suffering and the dog seemed in pain and in great discomfort.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Oh Lordy! I hope he’s ok. Never feed dogs small bones for that reason. Hope he finds a new home.

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor puppies. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Jennifer <3

Sharyn said...

But YOU were able to help!! Thank you to all animal volunteers!!!!