Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Bloodwork? BLOODWORK?

BloodworkDad called me very late last night and said, “You have bloodwork in the morning. I had almost forgotten about it. I’ve got everything set up with the nurse practitioner, Leigh Anne.”

“Great!” I replied very aggravatedly and sarcastically. “Thanks for giving me some fair warning.”

“Oh, you can sleep the rest of the day,” he replied tartly and not very encouragingly. “I have to work all day.”

I set my trusty cellphone to wake me up at 6:30 am.

So I was up at the crack of dawn getting ready for an 8:00 am appointment. I had a prescription to get my lithium levels checked. I stood in the shower this morning like some kind of zombie letting the warm water trickle down through the hairs on my chest. Let me tell you, I was so sleepy on the drive to Kamath Medical. Luckily, my nurse, Rebecca, was there and made things go smoothly. She scurried back into the catacombs of Kamath Medical to make arrangements and soon I was called back.

“Hello, my name is Patricia and I am a student at Southern Union Community College. Would you mind if I practiced and drew your blood?”

“Oh, why not,” I said with a welcoming smile.

She did really good and I bragged quite a bit on her. If a young black lady could blush she would’ve been blushing.

“Y’all fix me up a room,” I told Rebecca who was now sitting in the office talking with the office staff. “I will be moving in this afternoon.”

Dee Dee, Rebecca, Pat, and Kim all chuckled and laughed loudly. 

“I am down here enough. I might as well move in. It would save a long drive. Y’all just give me internet access and I will be happy.”

“Don’t forget to bring Maggie!” Rebecca exclaimed and we all loudly laughed some more.

Lord knows, she’s heard me talk about that dog enough over the years.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Do you have to fast 12hrs. Before your blood test?

Andrew said...

No, I didn't Glittermom.