Thursday, September 20, 2018

Now You Know Who I Get it From…

Dad and I had a date for Jeopardy tonight. All the questions were really hard and we both didn’t get many right answers. Old Fuss and Feathers, at one point, turned to me and said…

“Don’t you write about volunteering on your journal,” he said paranoidly. “Social Security could find your blog and then say you can work if you can volunteer.”

I don’t know what got him on this tangent, but it ruined my night. My usual Pollyanna disposition had been dispelled.

“I rarely write much about volunteering these days anyway,” I replied trying to defuse my father’s paranoia. “I only volunteer 9 hours a week!”

“Don’t write anything about it,” Old Fuss and Feathers said. “I am just giving you fair warning. We would lose your prescription drug coverage and then you would be in a whole helluva mess of trouble.”

I agreed with him in the end, but it is a wealth of writing material for me. Can we be too cautious? After all, my real name is nowhere on this blog. Unintentionally and possibly blissfully unaware in my anonymity, they could find me and audit me. Dad really got my paranoia going as well tonight. The more I think about it, the more I worry about what I have already written.

Old Fuss and Feathers settled the matter with, “Don’t be putting any pictures up there of me as well!”

I told him I had only put about three photos of him on the blog since its existence. Of course, my sister-in-law is putting photos left and right of them all on Facebook. Dad balked when I told him that as if it were okay. That certainly hurt my feelings. My Sister-in-law can do no wrong in his eyes.

Oh well, life has its ups and downs and this certainly would come on the heels of a very bad day for me mental illness wise. My father means well and is just looking out for my best interests. He can just be hyper paranoid about such things. If Social Security is reading, then well the cat is already out of the bag.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

That is totally ridiculous. Your father has some strange ideas. Don’t let it worry you. No way would that happen.

Beth said...

Social Security has way more things to do than troll blogs on the off-chance of ‘catching ‘ someone who could be violating the terms of their disability. In my town all they would need to do is go to Walmart and listen for a while. Don’t be paranoid. Write about your volunteer work...just watch names and places, which you do some anyway.