Thursday, September 20, 2018

The Review of My Monitor I Posted On Newegg…

Asus Computer MonitorPros:

I wanted a high-resolution monitor and boy, did I get it. It also doesn't hurt it has a 1 ms response time so no ghosting or tearing. I am still astounded they could pack in so many features in the monitor for such a low price.


I have a lowly Radeon RX480 8GB video card and I am still able to play Fallout 3 and Skyrim: Special Edition at 2K resolutions. I attribute this to adaptive-sync as the games are smooth as butter. I can't wait to get my Radeon RX Vega 64 for Christmas and try some true 4K gaming. I've read some reviews and it goes head to head with the Geforce GTX 1080 Ti for hundreds of dollars less.


Desktop wise the text is really small and I have to squint when I am blogging and reading blogs. I realize I could easily change this via the scaling, but I am stubborn and want the intended high-resolution.

Cons:

I can't for the life of me to get the gameplus frame rate (FPS) counter to work so that is why I gave it four eggs. I've tried different display port cables and different sockets on my video card. I guess I will have to get Fraps.

Other Thoughts:

Best money I've spent gaming wise this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually can see the appeal of gaming. It's like interacting in virtual worlds, right? I don't think I could play games on my laptop, though, besides roller coaster tycoon. hehe

Jennifer <3