Monday, September 03, 2018

Pizza On Slow Time…

Maggie in the WindowI could’ve killed Charlie and my father last night. They didn’t get here with supper until after 9 PM. I think that’s the latest they have ever been.

“We ran into an old friend at Little Caesar’s and had a long chat,” my father told me. “Remember Stacey?”

Stacey worked with my father in the pharmacy for years.

Dad was itching to get home and watch Auburn football highlights on YouTube so they didn’t stay long.

“Y’all give Maggie some lovin’ because she has been sitting in that window for two hours waiting on Y'all,” I told Charlie and my father.

Well, this thrilled my bored little dog’s soul. Maggie even got to “talking” to them. I laughed and we all laughed. I was thrilled to see Maggie so happy.

“I have a film on Netflix I want you to watch,” my father told me before leaving. “It is called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. We will watch it tomorrow night. You’re gonna love it!”

In 1946 a London-based writer begins exchanging letters with residents on the island of Guernsey, which was German-occupied during WWII. Feeling compelled to visit the island, she starts to get a picture of what it was like during the occupation.

My attention then turned to eating my supper. My two large pizzas were delicious again this week. I savored every bite. I have plenty left to eat throughout the day. I will be grazing pizza like cows graze grass.

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

my Mom is wanting to watch that she read the book and loved it!