Sunday, September 23, 2018

TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!!!

touchdown auburnThere are no sweeter words that can ever tickle my father’s ears than those. Whew! Auburn won and my father was all happy and congenial this morning when I drove to his house for a visit. As usual, I could talk the talk and walk the walk. I guess I have the football gene after all and it has just been repressed.  I keenly kept up with the Kentucky game last night and they WON! They beat the pants off a ranked 14 Mississippi State. This is the first time in 10 years they have gone 4-0 to start the season. Kentucky is my underdog team for the year.

Charlie showed up at ten with breakfast. Maggie and I were both very hungry and eager to get our food. Charlie had his painting clothes on so that meant he was painting a room in his new house. I offered to help and Charlie said, “We'll see.”

“Did Auburn win?” Charlie then asked me.

“Yes, they did,” I replied. “Isn’t that wonderful?”

“I am headed to your daddy’s house now with his senior coffee and biscuit,” Charlie told me.

“He will be all grins,” I assured Charlie.

This weekend is my weekend to feed and water the animals at the Humane Society. I am about to head out and do my duty. I hope nobody is going hungry and thirsty today. I would have left much, much earlier, but I had to wait on Charlie to get here and I then wanted to visit with my father. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auburn isn't 4 and 0. Remember LSU?

Andrew said...

You need to read more clearly. I was speaking of Kentucky.

glittermom said...

Why is auburn your dads team? It seems like Alabama is favored by more people down there ...