Sunday, September 16, 2018

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Old Fuss and Feathers!

“Y’all haven’t left yet?” I asked my father sounding disappointed. “It is almost 8 pm.”

“I’m just the co-pilot,” my father said. “It is up to Charlie when we leave and he has been moving furniture all day.”

I hung up the phone feeling dejected.  They finally arrived at 8:45 pm. Maggie and I both let out a loud sigh of relief. Maggie put on her usual dog and pony show. Pizza was at hand. They were pushing it to the wire as KFC closes at 9 am on Sundays here. Horsefly only eats KFC’s chicken fingers.

Charlie then went to cleaning my house. I started to protest, but my father said to leave him be.

“Charlie can get done in 30 minutes what would take you hours,” Old Fuss and Feathers told me.

There was a lot of banging and clanging coming from the kitchen and Charlie finally emerged with trash bags ready to go.

“Go look at it, Andrew,” Charlie said proudly.

The kitchen looked wonderful. He even weeded down my collection of empty mayonnaise jars in the fridge. I thanked Charlie profusely and patted him on the back.

“My sink has never shined more brightly,” I told him.

“Love y’all,” I said as I walked with them to the front door.

Maggie and I both watched them drive off and now it is time for our nightly rituals as we get ready for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like these little vignettes of your life. You have a lot of people who love and care for you. I wish Charlie would come and clean my kitchen. It is a mess. lol

Jennifer <3