Sunday, January 20, 2008

Confused...

I've really tried to support The Homeless Guy lately.  His getting a job went a long way to restoring my faith in the guy (It is the only way he will get a home).  Yesterday, though, he posted a blog post begging for a laptop saying he sold the other one.  It bothered meIt pissed me off.  Why?  I am not sure.  I do think he is amoral and unethical though.  I, personally, couldn't come to you all begging for something. 

I probably would think differently about the begging if he wrote a groundbreaking blog or was actually doing something to help the homeless.  I've been reading for years and I've never seen him do anything tangible to help the homeless -- he was always just self serving.  Why do you read? I thought today. Because you never know what kind of crazy shit or stunt the guy will do next.  It is the blogging equivalent of The Jerry Springer Show.  I deleted his link, removed him from Google Reader, and vowed to break my addiction to his blog.  It just wasn't healthy.  I just don't want to support stupidity anymore.   And anyone who has EVER been homeless, realizes that guy is more full of shit than a sewage treatment plant.  Good riddance...

7 comments:

glittermom said...

I agree with you completely..there was just something wrong with him...I think it was the paypal that turned me off...I also deleted him from my list...

Summer said...

I never read his blog because of your opinion of him. I rely on you as I think you've got it all together and will triumph over your mental illness and alcoholism. You're a special man with great abilities. I have no doubt and never will.

justLacey said...

I used to read the blog of a guy that was self serving and a liar. He preyed on weak women who were looking for love and attention. Really I am not even sure if he was a man or a woman. I knew of several back stories behind his blog. Perhaps he was just mentally ill, perhaps just a person taking advantage of others. He helped to break up the marriage of another woman that read his blog and leave her children without their dad in the home. I quit reading for the same reason, it was unhealthy.

poppyk said...

Absolutely! the man is begging, I don't like that...he has gone from my list too!

Shore said...

Hooray, you need to drop more of these people that do you no good. Kevin Barbieux is mentally ill, that may not be his fault, But he uses people via his blog. He has the ability to get what he needs and when he gets it, he goes back to being homeless. He is addicited to being homeless I believe. You need fewer active addicts in your life.

Nickol said...

I had major issues with Kevin Barbieux blog on several levels and stopped reading him also. I always felt slimmy after reading him.

Kelly Jene said...

I read his blog a couple of times when you mentioned him months ago. I couldn't see past the "give me" aspect of his writing. He seemed very full of himself.