Saturday, January 19, 2008

Situation Normal

Rosa was excited as I about the snow.  We both went to bed late and the first thing she did when she got up was to look out my den's windows.

"No snow," she said disappointed.

"They hyped it too much," I replied. "That means it is not going to happen."

I got in the kitchen and fixed us some breakfast of cheese toast and coffee.  We are both so disappointed here.  We've only had a cold rain and the bulk of the moisture has already passed. 

It is hard to believe it's been sixty days since I last took a drink.  I remember it vividly and it corresponded with the time I pawned my camera.  I think it was integral for my mental health for me to lay off the booze.  It hasn't been easy though.  I was telling Rosa last night how much I wanted a beer with the threat of adverse weather on the way.

"It would be the stupidest thing you've ever done," She told me.

She was right and I made it to see sixty days sober.  What a miracle knowing how heavy I drank for years.  

12 comments:

Leah Friedman said...

I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on 60 days!!!!!
WOW Andrew that is so awesome!
Mazel tov!

abbagirl74 said...

Congratulations Andrew. You are so strong! You are doing such a good job. Perhaps a little celebration is in order for this evening? What's for dinner? Have you told your parents about your great strides?

I know, lots of questions. You know me.

I thought of you yesterday. Sorry you didn't get to see any snow. I hope you will before the winter is gone.

impromptublogger said...

Congratulations Andrew! And look how far you've come in 60 days being sober! I know it's been tough, and being stuck indoors doesn't help.

But think of all the strides you've had in those 60 days because you've been sober: 1) Got Rosa back in your life; 2) You may be starting a job rehab program soon; 3) Your family is proud of you too.

I think you should let your Dad know about this accomplishment - he needs to give you credit where it's due.

Josie Two Shoes said...

It is indeed a miracle in your life Andrew, and one you've claimed thru your courage and determination! I watch that counter climb higher each day and smile proudly! We can make healthy changes in our lives, you are living proof of that and you inspire me! I am so glad Rosa is there to understand and cheer you on, that's the kind of caring friend everyone needs! Sorry you didn't get your much wished for snow snow, but I hope you have a great day anyway. It is 10 degrees here this morning, I would gladly trade it for some warm! Did you get your car back?

Tee said...

CONTRATULATIONS!!!!! 60 days of being sober. Great job! Did you get your car back?

forsythia said...

Keep it up. You're on your way to a better life. Congratulations on your 60 days.

Barb said...

I am going to be so bold as congratulating you for 61 days sober...Because I believe!

Pretend you live in Europe, it would be closer to 61 days, then in the states :-)

Keep on babe
B~

Tee said...

It's snowing over here in GA--south metro Atlanta. I'll keep you posted at to how much snowfall we get. The news media is going crazy.

ac said...

Happy 60 days sober! ODAAT! ac

C.A. said...

I am so very proud of you. :) You've come so far in 60 days. I see the clarity in your writing, and in how you speak of the future. You've gone from pawning your beloved camera to making plans to meet with the counselor about getting employment. No booze for 60 days...that's something that several times over the course of my reading your blog I thought we'd never see.

Keep up the good work, Andrew. Thanks for being a part of my life!

Hugs...

Cindi Ann

Sharyna said...

60 days!! I am sooooo proud of you! That is such an accomplishment! And snow!! Things are lucky in Andrew-World!!

sharyna

Summer said...

You are a miracle! To all of us.