Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tonight's Supper...

Tonight's supper was oven baked chicken fingers, scalloped potatoes, glazed carrots, and seasoned green beans.

"You make it look so easy!" Rosa said of my cooking as we sat and ate.  I had to tear her away from the TV to get her to join me in the kitchen.

"I would never do this if it wasn't for you," I said. "Thank you."

Before Rosa and I got back together, I was having trouble with the basics of life such as grooming myself, brushing my teeth, taking showers, and fixing meals.  It was almost as if I gave up on living.  I had no reason to get out of the bed.  It is nice to have purpose again.  The shrinks and therapists would say I am co-dependent.  Probably am.    


11 comments:

Kevin said...

mmm..looks so good Andrew. congrats on staying sober. keep it up.

Kelly Jene said...

That looks good! Did you save some for me? :)

mosiacmind said...

It looks quite yummy!

Leann said...

Oh Andrew, you make my mouth water, that looks so yummy!!

Congrats on the 50 days sweetie, I'm so very proud of you. I know it is not easy.

I'm happy if you are happy when it comes to Rosa :-)

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

wow. im impressed!
guys who can cook are COOL!
well i think so.
that looks really well done andrew!
what impresses me most is how well you are looking after yourself. its something else. really.

justLacey said...

To some extent we are all co-dependent. Your meal looks delicious. I made barbqued pork sandwiches. They were yummy too.

Chandira said...

Codependent? Well, if you are, its obviously working for you!

None of us is independent. We're all in this together. Independence is a myth spouted by therapists and people that psycho-babble. Love does not make you independent.

Summer said...

I think we're all a little codependent. Not to worry.

C.A. said...

You could not find fare any more appealing in the finest restaraunt, my friend! It looks completely delicious! Nicely done!

Cheryl said...

Now that's the kind of healthy food I like to see you eating! And yes, we're all a little co-dependent. No one is an island.

Lizzy said...

Wow that looks so yummy. You're missing your calling. Ever thought of being a chef or short order cook! LoL