Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

I feel so happy lately that I wanted to share it.  I will be sitting at this computer and a smile will break out.  I tend to talk to myself and will say, "I feel so damn good!"  This is all so novel.  For most of my life I have been a pitifully morose person.  I realize I was terribly clinically depressed for most of my life.  The Luvox is really helping with this I hope, or maybe I have changed?  Can sobriety effect your moods and your depression?

My car is at my parent's house.  My mother took it to get it washed and cleaned inside and out.  It was terribly dirty she said.  She says it is fine and drives fine. My mother paid $265 dollars to have the locks changed.  I appreciated that as I could never afford to have that done.  They are going to take it to get serviced before they give it back to me.   You better be damn sure I will never leave the keys in it again.  Innocence lost comes to mind. 

7 comments:

glittermom said...

Your parents are alright...They might not do everything right but thats ok....

justLacey said...

Yes sobriety affects your moods. Alcohol is a depressant and with your medications it probably is more so. That can't have helped. Plus the fact that you are doing so well (and 62 days of sobriety is wonderful) all on your own makes you feel good. I wish your dad would notice and give you back some responsibility a little at a time. Has he noticed at all how well you are doing?
I'm thrilled your car is back. Hopefully you will get it back and be out and about this week.

C.A. said...

Hurray for the car coming home! It is going to make you feel even BETTER to be able to get around when and where you want to!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I LOVE what Glittermom said...and I'm sooo happy that you're going to get your little baby back! Do you have a name for the car? :) silly question, I know.
Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Barb said...

Be careful about thinking that you dont need medication. That is how you trip up, but staying consistant, taking your meds, and not changing anything is the best route to take. Being sober is also aiding you in this regard, but dont lose focus, you are doing FABULOUS!!!

B~

Tee said...

Don't get over confident and feel like you don't need your meds. They are the reason you are doing so well and you aren't drinking. That was so sweet of your Mom to have your car cleaned up for you, especially during this cold weather, serviced AND the locks changed. Guard those keys with your life.

Sharyna said...

I am soooo glad your meds are working for you. And yes, sobriety can affect moods. As women we cover that alot in WFS. Men should follow suit! You have a great mom! New locks and a detail job!

sharyna