Wednesday, January 16, 2008

La Policia!

The police were out in force this morning.  Crime has been on the upswing in this small town and it was nice seeing them so active.  It made Ferret nervous though.

"The police are so fucked up," he told me. "Bunch of busy bodies."

"I just hope I get my car back tomorrow," I replied.

I told Ferret about the weather for today.  Something he never keeps up with.

"It should be raining after lunch," I told him. "What are you going to do?"

"Lay in my tent, drink beer, and listen to the radio," he told me.

Ah, I so envy him.  That would be the perfect day of relaxation for me.  To lay in my warm sleeping bag, sipping suds, and listening to that terrible right-wing radio that makes me smile.  It crossed my mind that I would take my tent down to the woods and join Ferret.  I have my weather blog to keep up though and it is going to be very active weather the next few days.  I realized I have responsibilities at home as well.  Dad would freak out if he came over and I wasn't home for our medication ritual.   

5 comments:

Tee said...

Yes you do have responsibilities at home, and her name is Maggie. Remember she is a fur-covered baby and she has to have YOU to survive. Our pets are babies that never grow up. :-) I love mine!!! You can always sleep in your sleeping bag on the floor, inside, out of the rain, and drink diet Coke. If you wanted a change, drink Pepsi. I can't believe this--a native Atlantian (home of Coca-Cola) telling some one to drink Pepsi! Well, add some lemon to your Coke. Try it, it's delicious, over crushed ice. Yum, yum! It looks like snow over here in GA. Everyone will be nuts today, buying everything off the shelves at the grocery store like we are having a blizzard that will strang everyone for days on end.

Sharyna said...

I want to tell you how proud I am that you didn't drink! You're like my bodyguard in the drinking department. You forge on ahead so I can follow. I think that you should wait until you have some time sober under your belt before you go camping with drinking buddies. And remember, you don't have to stay. If it gets too slippery for you, pack up and go home!

sharyna

Cheryl said...

I think the reality of living in that tent would be very different than the idea of it. Ferret would trade places with you in a heartbeat if he weren't in the throes of his addiction. You are living the better life, my friend.

Barb said...

Dear Andrew,

I am so proud that you didnt hang and drink with Ferret.
My guess is that you arent worried about your dad freaking out...but you are worried about disappointing YOURSELF! I admire that. Visit that possibility, that you dont want to fuck up because you would disappoint yourself! Let me know what that visit reveals.

B~

mosiacmind said...

I hope that you can be proud of yourself for not drinking..I know it can be inticing but we both know for ourselves and others who are addicts to drugging or drinking it is sooooooooo much regret it and then it would spiral a cyle down...and yes your dad would freak out and maggie would miss you lots and rosa would like us all of your blogger buddies be very concerned...........i do care lots friend.........