Friday, January 18, 2008

Recuperating...

Sorry for the lack of updates today.  I have lately looked at this blog as my day job.  I had to take a day off.  The day started with me and Rosa sleeping till lunch and making it to a noon time A.A. meeting.  We ate at Wendy's in Lagrange, Georgia and I think I got some food poisoning.   I felt feverish and nauseous for the rest of the day and slept in this front bedroom as I listened to the radio.  I didn't wake up till after five and feel so groggy. 

Joyce is home.  Her pastor brought her home this afternoon and came over to talk to me.  He wanted me to keep an eye out for how she is doing and said not to hesitate to call the paramedics if she has another episode.  I've noticed her house is dark and quiet.  I bet she is sleeping.  She must be so tired after weeks in the hospital.  She went in a week before Christmas so it's been a long time.  I am just glad my friend is home and feeling better.

The snow still seems to be on.  Rich Thomas of WSFA 12 predicted 2 to 4 inches for our area.  I tend to believe him more than James Spann and his hyping crew.  The weather blog will be hopping with updates and photos if this does pan out.  I am highly skeptical, though, as the temperatures are still very warm here at 48 degrees at 6 PM.  We will just have to wait and see. 

12 comments:

Tee said...

Did you get your car back? I'm so sorry you got sick from what you ate. We are suppose to be getting 1-3 inches of snow late tonight or early tomorrow. Then Sunday is suppose to be really cold. That means frozen roads. Not good.

Sharyna said...

Yes, does this mean the car is back? Are you going tomarrow for that 60 day chip? Hope your tummy feels better. Drink warm gingerale if you can get some.

sharyna

Ryan said...

Hope you feel better soon!

CJM-R said...

Glad to see a post, was worried about you. Hope you feel better soon!

Lena

amypalko said...

Urgh, Andrew, food poisoning is just the pits. I'm so sorry you're under the weather with it (no pun intended!). I hope that you'll be feeling better for when your snow arrives. I'll be expecting photos!
Amy
xx

Summer said...

Hey Shugah! I'm sorry you've been sick. My oldest came down with it and I had to go to his apartment with gingerale and jello to get him through it. He hasn't been that sick in years. When he calls me and says..."Mommmmm..." I know it's bad. He's on the mend now.

I hope you got your car back today. And snow!!!! I'm so excited for you! We still have it here after yesterday's fiasco. I took some pictures but was feeling crappy myself last night, so I haven't even looked at what I took pictures of.

Hey ... thanks so much for your support and kindness over the past few weeks. It means the world to me.

Tell Rosa I said "Hey!"

Kelly Jene said...

I was wondering about you. It was odd coming here and not seeing a post! I'm glad you made it to a AA meeting. Do you have your car back?

I sure do hope Joyce is better and stays better.

I'm still crossing my fingers for snow for you, my friend! Here we're looking at being in the teens over the weekend. Ugh!

Brad said...

Glad to hear Joyce is back home. Hope your feeling better soon. Thanks for sharing so much with us all.

Mel said...

You're about to come upon 2 months sober. Keep up the good work!

Mel

Cheryl said...

Hi Andrew,
I'm off to work, but wanted to say a quick hello. Have a great Saturday!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Did it snow?
good for you and your day off, we all need to take those mental health days for sure!!
WELCOME HOME JOYCE!! You're definitely a good neighbor to have if someone is in trouble!!
belly aches? I experience that whenever I eat food that my body isn't used too..it's like saying,..get that shit outa me, man!
What'd you get? Vanilla frosty, chili and baked potato?? slurp!

Always,
Elizabeth
60!! ROCK ON!

James said...

Ugh, I have misgivings about Wendy's since my brother found a fly in his drink. But I must say I love their frosties.