Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Day Winds Down...

Maggie is on the made bed asleep.  Rosa has just taken a bath and washed her hair.  She is now sitting in the den with her head wrapped in a towel and watching some terrible reality TV show.  Have I told you she likes TV for the lowest common denominator?  It is why I don't watch with her and she gets tired of me sitting in front of this computer.  I just can't stand what she likes to watch.  It gets on my nerves. 

The lady from vocational rehabilitation called me late this afternoon.  She is coming up to the Valley on the 24th of this month.  I am to meet her at the hospital.  She is mailing me some forms to fill out. 

Dad called the detectives about my car today.  They are still "processing the evidence."  It makes me shudder to think what my interior looks like.   It was already pretty dirty.  I am wondering if I will ever get my car back. 

Soon, Dad will be over with my medications and my Benadryl.  Midnight will find me winding down ready for bed.  I have been staying up late lately.  No doubt Rosa will come in several times to check on me for bed saying, "Coming to bed, yet?"  "Soon," I will reply and stay up longer.  It reminds me of being married to Rachel.  She couldn't sleep without me in the bed with her.

I go get my injection for my schizophrenia in the morning.  My mother is driving me.  HELP ME!  My mom drives like a little old lady that can barely see over the steering wheel. 

Well, let me check my favorites blogs for an update.  I am still hoping Annabel will update tonight and we couldn't forget Cheryl.  Two of my most favorite blogs as they write about real life and real living.  You could go read a ranting waiter, but you would be missing the gems that are everyday blogs.   

11 comments:

Summer said...

I hope you have sweet dreams tonight. Thanks for stopping by my place. I really appreciate it. Good luck with your day trip and Mom tomorrow. I know exactly what you're talking about! Ha!

Mel said...

Andrew:

I've been reading your blog for about a month now. I've been checking in with you daily. I was so impressed with your writing, that I told my girlfriend Julie about you and referred her to your page. She was totally shocked because she's been following your life for 2 years!
Keep up the great work on your sobriety. That's something I understand.

Mel

Sharyna said...

I know how you feel. I get up every night at 1am to watch "Frasier" reruns. Fred always wakes up to ask if I'm alright. I'm fine, I just want some me time. Thanks for the mention. Several of your readers dropped by. It's nice making new friends!

sharyna

Kelly Jene said...

Sleep well! I love going to bed at the same time as my husband. Its an opportunity to cuddle up and talk before sleep.

Good luck driving with your mom! :)

Cheryl said...

Hi Andrew...

The night flew by and I think I'm too tired to blog. So, I'll say hi here, and write with you in mind tomorrow. I'm tempted to rush to Panera's when I wake up, but I have to get Em from school at 9 AM and take her to the orthodontist. Bummer.

ac said...

Hope you have a good night and get your car back tomorrow.

Fifty days and counting! ac

Moonroot said...

I haven't commented for a while, but just wanted to say congratulations on your 50+ days sober. And it is so good to read about the day to day details of your life with Rosa & Maggie. Thank you!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I agree with you, Cheryl's blog is just so nice to read..she's a really good person..we're lucky to have her in this world!
Always,
Crusty~

Tee said...

ROFL, "...my Mom drives like a little old lady..." cracked me up! Be thankful she is coming to take you, rather than your Dad. You have to be grateful for small things. Right? :-)

Oldy said...

A long time ago Soul's car was stolen ,in San Diego.It was a little Pinto hatchback . The police did find it abandoned ,eventually . And of all things...the interior was full of cow manure.

We can only hope that won't be the case with your car. :)

Have a great Thursday!

kristi said...

I can't help it, I am a reality show junkie too!