Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vocational No-habilitation...

My shot in the old derrière was this morning. My nurse was chatty and talkative. We talked of stolen cars and leaving purses in cars.  My injection went without incident.

I left my doctor's office and headed just up the hill to the hospital.  The receptionist was unhelpful and didn't know where we were to meet.  I headed down to the first floor and found the educational classroom.  It was empty.  I looked at my watch and it read 9:30 AM.  We were supposed to meet from 9 AM to 2 PM.  I walked down to physical therapy and they knew nothing after making some phone calls. 

I think we got the times mixed up.  Tiffany meant 9 AM to 2 AM Opelika time, which is central time.  I live in the eastern time zone.  I will drive back down before 2 my time to see if she arrived.  I really, really want to get involved in vocational rehabilitation.  Now that I've got a car, I can go back to work or drive down to Opelika for classes.  Hopefully, we just got our wires crossed.  I haven't given up hope yet.

6 comments:

justLacey said...

Good luck! Give her a call and see what she says. Isn't there only an hours difference in time?

Sharyna said...

Hope you meet up with Tiffany! I couldn't live in 2 time zones, I'm confused enough!

sharyna

darla said...

I have an Aunt that lives in Jasper, TN and worked in Chattanooga, TN... two different time zones. It took her a while to get used to the fact that she got to work before she left her house... think about it, kinda weird, isn't it? I hope you meet up with Tiffany today!

Upsy-Downsy said...

Hang in there Andrew...it will happen. By the way, I see you as a strong, very determined person, perhaps more than you realize!

If you do decide to go private with your blog, I would sure like to be on your list of invited people.

Kelly Jene said...

I'm glad to see you are determined to keep this going. Good for you!

mosiacmind said...

I would call her again and keep callinmg when amd if you need to do so...an idea I just had is to when you set up a meeting again to ask to met her in the waiting area near the main door of the hospital. I also am not sure if you would be comfortable with this idea but to meet her at a place for coffee...not thinking one of your hang out places but one perhas in betweenm where she is at and you are at. i would remember to mention to her the time change also. be brave my friend;