Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Exuberant...

Two more days to my meeting with Tiffany, the vocational rehabilitation case manager.  She has been so kind on the phone and I have been extra careful to sound very exuberant when she calls.  The bad thing?  I can't remember what room to meet her in the hospital.  Hopefully, the receptionist will know.

I woke up this morning feeling very fit and well.  Excited almost.  It is such a joy to be looking forward to my days.  My sleeping habits are still very topsy-turvy though.  I sleep only when tired and in spurts.  It has been driving Rosa crazy lately and she has been opting to sleep at home.  I can say I am sort of relieved.  Nothing is more miserable than lying in the bed for hours sleepless and afraid to wake up your mate.  Maggie is a far kinder companion when it comes to my very sporadic sleeping habits. 

I've been pricing parts for a new computer.  I love to window shop on Newegg.com.  The price for a top-of-the-line quad-core Intel Core 2 Duo processor is over $1000.  Yikes!  That would be a month's work at minimum wage.  Too rich for my blood, but I can still dream, right?  I sometimes wonder why I want the latest and greatest computer when my computer does everything I ask it to do and does it well.  Upgrading computers and keeping up with technology is a vicious cycle that is very dangerous to the contents of your wallet. 

I just can't keep from reading The Homeless Guy.  I found myself reading this morning as I shook my head.  It is an addiction first and foremost.  He was preaching today about violence in American culture and rambling about pitbulls and guns in bars.  I wondered if anyone else thinks like I do -- that this guy couldn't even take care of his own children or put a roof over his head, and then expects people to take what he says seriously about much more pressing and complicated issues.  I just shook my head and felt terrible for reading.  It is addiction that is going to be hard to break.  I tell ya, it's like Jerry Springer.  He fits the classic definition of a sociopath.    

5 comments:

forsythia said...

Oooooh. You said the magic word: pit bulls. I, too, had sworn off The Homeless Guy's blog, but now I'll have to go back and read what he has to say about this much-maligned type of dog. You're right. Reading bad blogs can be an addiction. Reading good blogs (like yours) is life-affirming. I love your photos, the honesty and poignancy of your writing, your enthusiasm for weather, your hopes for your new job. You've formed a community that warms itself at your fireplace. Your links to other well-written and entertaining blogs. So much talent out there!

Cheryl said...

Morning. I've never read The Homeless Guy. I can't start another one!

I hope your day is filled with good things Andrew. Mine will be filled with work. Stay warm!

justLacey said...

A lot of people think as you do about the homeless guy. That's why I don't read him. I also hate trying not to wake up my husband when I am wandering around awake in the middle of the night. We used to have a house where I wouldn't disturb anyone, but now our bedroom opens up into the living/dining/kitchen area. I hate it. Sometimes I wish I had my own bedroom.

cyotteeflower said...

Mornin'Andrew and Maggie!
The sidebar you have added saying where we all came from is interesting...letting everyone know I have visited Lara...even more interesting...hehehe...

Sharyna said...

If I were you, I'd call Tiffany the day before your appointment to make sure everyone is on the same page. It's very professional and you can slyly find out the room then. I have read the Homeless Guy whenever you link me to him and find him funny.

sharyna