Monday, January 28, 2008

Phone Tag

I hate to disappoint everyone, but my visit to Vocational Rehab. sparked another round of phone tag which is maddening for this phone phobic person.

"I'll get a case manager to call you," the receptionist said.

"But we drove all the way from the Valley!" I replied exasperated.

"Sorry sir!  We will get in touch soon."

Rosa and I went and ate lunch at the Red Lobster.  I outdid myself and got the captain's seafood platter.  Rosa helped as I couldn't eat it all.  She got Walt's favorite fried shrimp.  They were delicious.

We left there and went looking for Rosa a used car and then hit the magazine stands at Books A Million.   They didn't have much of a selection of model railroading books much to my disappointment.

It was great getting out of house and going to a different and much larger town.  There are so many things to do down in Opelika if you have money.  Luckily, I still had some of my blog advertising cash that came in the mail a few days ago.

I also managed to put in some job applications at Circle K who runs all the convenience stores around here and got an application to McDonald's.  McDonald's is hiring for their 5 AM to 1 PM time slot.  I doubt I will get a job, but I tried.        

8 comments:

CJM-R said...

Oh Andrew, it must be maddening for you to get the runaround. Just don't give up. The case managers are just overwhelmed with clients and you will have to hang in there.

Your lunch sounds divine! Glad you two could make a day out of it.

Take care.
Lena

Le Fleur said...

Don't give up, luv, something will happen soon though the waiting may be rough ((((hugs))))

Angel

Sharyna said...

Well, at least you tried! Hopefully, they'll get back to you soon.

sharyna

Cheryl said...

What a letdown! I'm so sorry today didn't work out with vocational rehab. Perhaps the second time will be the charm. It sounds like you had a great day out, despite it all. TTYS, my friend.

luvulongtime said...

Glad you got out there. I know the process must be annoyingly insane but don't give up! Unfortunately Los Angeles has wiped out all red lobsters and chain restaurants but thanks for letting me live vicariously through your lunch!

justLacey said...

Keep on trying. I know how discouraging it can be to aplly and apply and nt get anything. You are not alone though, there are many people out looking for jobs now because of the economy...even me:)

mosiacmind said...

I am bummed for you to go all of the way there and then not be able to be seen. It sounds like a really
good dinner. Take care........

Tee said...

I'm so sorry you didn't make any progress at the voc. rehab. place. Now, tell me, how many herb biscuits did you eat? LOL!