Thursday, January 31, 2008

In Fairness...

Dad came by early this morning to talk.  He went and bought me a case of green tea to drink. 

"I just worry about you," he said. "And I show it the wrong way sometimes.  I just want you to live a normal life. You can be so obsessive/compulsive."

I was sheepish.  I almost had another anxiety attack last night after all that and didn't want another to start.

"Drink this green tea," he said. "Charlie quit drinking cokes and has been drinking this green tea."

"Okay," I said. "I will give it a try."

He finally left and I felt better.  I want to go for a long ride in my car today and I think that is what I will do.  I am going to ride out in the country and enjoy it's sights and sounds.  I hope you all have a good day. 

6 comments:

Kelly Jene said...

Enjoy the green tea. It really is good for you. Enjoy your car ride. I love driving. It is a great way to find peace and clear the mind.

Jessica said...

Have a great day! :)

Anonymous said...

That was sweet. He is trying. He is not perfect but then who is?
I am glad he tried to make amends.

justLacey said...

Did you like the green tea? I really do, even better than a soft drink. Maybe half green tea and half Cokes during the day? It's super good for you. Can you imagine being additcted to something that is good? I really thing your dad was trying to compromise.

CJM-R said...

It was good for your dad to recognize that he had been sharp and negative and now he was trying to do something positive.

It was sweet and yum to green tea.

Tee said...

I'm so glad you dad realized he had been a bit harsh. He really means well, and I know he loves you, otherwise, he wouldn't care. I understand green tea is good for you. Does it taste anything like real iced tea?