Monday, January 28, 2008

Process...

A shower has been had.  My fine blonde/brown hair is combed and held in place with a light spray of hairspray.  I have on a comfortable pair of khaki pants and my favorite flannel shirt.  No coat.  The temperatures are supposed to get up in the sixties today.  Rosa is washing the last of the dishes in the kitchen after breakfast.  I just heard her turn the dishwasher on.  We are about to embark on our several hours journey down to Opelika, Alabama to visit vocational rehabilitation.  Am I nervous?  Hell yeah!  But I will survive.

I am terribly impatient and realize voca. rehab. is a process.  Much paperwork will need to be filled out.  Medical records expunged.  Tests taken to determine my aptitude for a job.  I will probably be assigned a case worker or possibly a social worker.  I am excited.  I am excited to be moving forward in this point in my life.  To be sober enough just to tackle this new avenue of life is a novelty to me. This time of the morning would usually find me too drunk to do anything, but sleep off a hangover.

Lunch will be at Red Lobster.  I have a gift certificate from my brother and his wife.  Those delicious garlic biscuits will be consumed along with their crisp and cold salad smothered in blue cheese dressing.  I think I will have the fried catfish fillet and a baked potato.  Rosa was heard mumbling about fried shrimp this morning.

Well, let me go read my daily AA devotional and watch The Weather Channel for a bit.  It is going to be an exciting day!     

19 comments:

Tee said...

You are so right, it's going to be an exciting day! Job hunting does make every one nervous!!!!!! I know you are nervous, but you CAN do this and you will be successful. That lunch sounds delicious, except for the catfish. I'm not a fish person, but I do eat shrimp and salmon. I don't even eat what we catch when we fish. :-) Eat an extra biscuit for me. You have come so far, Andrew.

Rhette said...

Andrew,
Good luck to you today! You'll be in my thoughts & prayers but know that you will do great!

Enjoy your dinner with Rosa -- this is YOUR time, go for it!

justLacey said...

Excitement abounds! Enjoy you Red Lobster and don't be worried about the vocatoinal thing. I can't tell you how nervous I was before my job interview last Friday. Turned out it wasn't as bad as I thought. Of course the interview comittee may not think I did so well, lol. Have a great day.

amelia said...

Good luck to you today. I'll be thinking about you and hoping all goes well.

Make sure you post as soon as you get home again!!!!

amypalko said...

Best of luck, darling. You'll do just fine. What wonderful progress you are making!

Jenera said...

Sounds like a fun filled day! Congrats on being so...excited about this new avenue in your life. It sounds very promising!

Oh and Red Lobster biscuits are yum-o!

Sharyna said...

Have a good day!! Wish ya luck!!

sharyna

mosiacmind said...

i love goimg to red lobster is one of my favorite places to go when i have an extra money and two of my favorite things are what you mentioned. i will be praying that today goes well and am glad that you know what the process is amd i think in MANY ways it will be good for you................ : o )

mosiacmind said...

i love goimg to red lobster is one of my favorite places to go when i have an extra money and two of my favorite things are what you mentioned. i will be praying that today goes well and am glad that you know what the process is amd i think in MANY ways it will be good for you................ : o )

Barb said...

God be with you Andrew.

Love and prayers,
Barb

bjk said...

good luck and I too will be praying fo you.....enjoy the process as much as you can.

Jessica said...

Good Luck! :)

SOUL: said...

do let us know how it goes-- and lunch sounds good!

Sharyna said...

I keep checking back to make sure you really went. For some reason, I feel if you aren't updating your blog then you must be on the road. Blog us with the results!

sharyna

Anonymous Boxer said...

Sending you postive thoughts for a fabulous day.

mago said...

:) Good!

Annabel said...

I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear how it went. I am so jealous of your Red Lobster meal. That's exactly what I would have (including the blue cheese dressing).

Summer said...

Italian dressing for me.
How did it go?

M said...

ok...did my comment post?

in case it was eaten by blogger here is a synopsis of what i said: good luck at vocational rehab. garlic biscuits---yummy.