Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Driving Mrs. Martha...

I will not lie.  One of the scariest things I experience in life these days is my mother's driving.  At least twice while I am riding with her we will have a close call.  Horn's blaring.  Drivers mad.

We just went and bought groceries before I headed in to work.  I have a one track mind and all I could think of was one of those Edward's Key Lime pies that Lacey said were so good.  The pie is in my fridge. 

I feel strange today, and it is a good strange.  I absolutely love living in an altered reality -- anything from feeling normal.  My medications have made me feel buzzy and giddy.  Mom said I was laughing an awful lot while we were buying groceries.

"What's funny?" She would ask.

"I just feel weird," I would reply with a big, goofy grin.

I was also socially gregarious today and got caught in a long conversation at Kroger with one of the girls who used to work at Fat Albert's.  Something's in the water so to speak.  For me to be social is an amazing achievement.  

2 comments:

BPD in OKC said...

The giddy altered reality thing is hilarious. I love when I'm like that. I also laugh uncontrollably for no apparent reason.

justLacey said...

Giddy is good!. I'm craving that pie now. I could eat a whole one in a day. (But I won't.) Marie Callender makes really good pie as well. Do you like coconut cream? Be careful with the lit, it's tricky and I have dumped one on the floor on more than one occasion:(