Monday, April 21, 2008

Shadows and Light...

I call this Maggie's base of operations.  From this precarious perch on the back of the couch, we watch the neighborhood for errant cats and pedestrians. 

Maggie sees a young man walking by.  This erupts into muted cough-like barking.  We see a lot of foot traffic on this road due to a housing project nearby. It keeps Maggie busy. 
She turns to see if I am going to bark as well.  I do and she erupts in a furious barking tirade guarding the house and yard.  This happens multiple times a day.  She nor I never tire of it.  I guess we both need lives. 

4 comments:

Judy said...

It seems to me you both have a "good Life".

CJM-R said...

What a good friend your beloved Maggie is.

ry said...

that's funny!
thanks for the grin.

Jay M. said...

I like the little storyline narrative thing going on here. Maybe it would be fun to do a photo/journal/narrative of one of your days off through the neighborhood, or something to do with model trains?

I remember you sort of used to do that, walking miles along the railroad tracks.