Thursday, April 17, 2008

Grumpy Old Men...

Johnnie Watts was grumbling as I left work today.  I don't know why my father continues to employ him.  Dad will often call him crazy.   He was filling the coke machine outside as he complained about how fast people drove on highway 29.  "These people are gonna cause a wreck!" he moaned.  I smiled as I passed him.  "Grumpy old man."  An old blog of mine was once called "The Grumpy "Old" Man".  I thought you all might want to know that.

I got in the delivery van with my box of prescriptions.  All the deliveries were in the Valley so that made it easy on me.  This is the time I most enjoy about work.  I turn on AM talk radio.  Light up a cigarette.  And do my deliveries as I drive. Soon, I was back at the pharmacy to get my car.   I turned in the van keys and I was on my way home. 

I arrived home to find Maggie sitting in the back fence barking.  These pretty days have really kept her outside.  I checked the mail and did a little happy dance at having a magazine.  "Awesome!" I exclaimed as I headed for the front door as I flipped through it.  I love Southern railways and this month's issue was about the Louisville and Nashville railway.

I spoke to Rosa for a brief time this morning.  She was worried she had awoken me as I usually sleep till lunch.  She has moved into her newly remodeled apartment.  One of her fellow tenants in the apartment complex is Ferret.  I hadn't talked to Ferret in weeks and was hungry for news about him.  "No longer homeless," I muttered as I hung up the phone.  "Good!"  Rosa's new apartment is nice.  Much nicer than that dump of a house she was renting.  I am happy for her.  

6 comments:

P said...

Coming up to 150 days - yay for you!

Cheryl said...

Wow...Ferret has his own apartment? I'm impressed. I wonder how he is? And Rosa's there too? Lots of news today.

ac said...

It's good to hear news of Rosa and Ferret!

... wondering if you know Will Wheaton is on Twitter?

https://twitter.com/wilw

I think I remember you saying you like his blog. ac

Summer said...

Great news about Rosa and Ferret. And now...and it's all your fault... I want BARBEQUE! I'd kill for a Short Sugar's!

justLacey said...

It's good to hear Rosa and Ferret are ok. I'm glad that you were happy to talk to her as well.

Tee said...

Good news about Rosa and Ferret. Have you seen Rosa's apartment? I know she must be happy to have a nicer place.