Saturday, April 26, 2008

Serious Sobriety...

I had a long conversation with Big S about George this morning.  Big S assures me that George wants to see me. 

"He asks about you all the time," Big S said.

I don't know, though.  George and I had a big falling out about the drinking situation.  George was actually making fun of me for attending AA at the end. I am not usually so sensitive, but took my sobriety to heart and quit talking to him.  I miss him, though.  He was my favorite of the gang. 

"You worried about drinking?" Big S asked me.

"Yeah," I said at a loss for words.

"Well, nothing can be as bad as how Ferret harps on you about taking a drink," Big S replied.

He was right.  Ferret has been relentless about me taking a drink.  Misery loves company.  I have resigned myself to seeing George in the next few days or so. It will be good to see my old friend and for him to ask me how Rachel is doing.  That always makes me laugh. 

2 comments:

mosiacmind said...

I think often times when I connect with some people who drink alot it reminds me of where I have been and where I do not want to go back to....sometims for me it takes a few days of pondering thinking about it all because at times my brain will be oh it is fine you can do it and no consequences and such...I think in many ways it is a blessing in disguise that with the medications that I am on I could easily die from the interaction or alive with machines hooked up all over me....I am NOT saying it is bad at all for you to connect with friends just encouraging you to if tempted to drink to think about what was going on and how life is better now plus if you talking to them you can show them what life is like without booze......

justLacey said...

I think mosaic is right. Ponder it for a few days. How about a meeting before or after you hang out with your old friends? I so wish you could make new ones that were less of a temptation, but I also understand that you are lonely. Perhaps a new AA meeting place? You might just meet someone new to hang out with.