Sunday, April 06, 2008

Thanks is Due...

Kelly Jene of MooHaa fame sent me a copy of her new book Food for Jackals. It was a welcome surprise to an otherwise bland day of cleaning house. I hope to curl up in the bed tonight and start chapter one while Maggie will no doubt preen beside me.


I've had some interesting mental occurrences today. I keep having this intense feeling of déjà vu. It is so strong that it would make me stop in my tracks and ponder over my memories. I also got lost for an hour reading websites about aquatic plant horticulture and aquariums. I got interested in aquariums again reading Alabama Gal's aquarium journal. There is just something so peaceful and calming about a softly bubbling aquarium filled with lush, green plants and vibrant and active fish. I once worked for years as the manager of the fish department in a big pet store. All the scientific names of the plants and fish have come flooding back after years of disuse.

8 comments:

CJM-R said...

Happy Sunday, Andrew.

Yes, aquariums are so peaceful... didn't know you used to work in a pet store.

Lena

Kelly Jene said...

I love aquariums. My brother used to raise miniature sharks (?) they were amazing. I am sooo glad you got the book. No repayment necessary - its a gift for being so encouraging during the writing process. Big hugs friend!

Summer said...

It's all about the water and the green. It's all so cool and soothing. I love going into the fish section at Pet Smart.

Cheryl said...

My father owned a pet store for a few years when I was in my early teens, and I worked there on weekends. I loved it and had a big tank of my own for a while. I don't have the right spot for one now...too much light. This made me think of a story I might blog about.

Leann said...

Can you have an aquarium with just the green stuff and no fish?? I don't wanna hve to flush fishies taht die......enjoy Kelly's book, I'm sure it's a good one.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

That was so nice of you to plug Kelly's book. I read it already and she did a great job and you can tell it came from her heart and soul.

AlabamaGal said...

I was catching up on you. I don't get to read blogs as much as I want to these days. I've started writing in a (book) journal regularly since our Chile trip. I don't have the gift for writing that you do though!

Things have been hectic lately, between the cat getting hurt and and my doc appts.

I am glad you've been enjoying the Aquarium Journal. Armando has posted more than I have recently on there but I do love our aquariums. They are serene and very fun to watch. The water always sounds like a water fountain in my mind as I lay in bed at night. Of course, our living room is next door to the bedroom with the 3 aquariums!

Armando had aquariums back in Chile and he taught me the fascinating world of aquariums and plants. I love the plants and was so excited the first time I saw our fish had babies!

ok, I wrote a book on this entry. I will go to today's entry and finish up ;) LOL

-Michelle

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Kelly rocks! I love her book too!!

Always,
Elizabeth