Saturday, April 05, 2008

Glutton for Punishment...

This morning I left the house early to take pictures of some of the historic buildings lining the old Chattahoochee Valley Railroad right of way. It was raining softly and the sound of raindrops pattered on my umbrella. It soon came apparent that I was getting soaking wet as the wind would blow the rain sideways. My worn old tennis shoes soon were sloshing with every step. I did get some good photographs just before another pair of batteries went dead.

I found out today why Joyce's doctor won't put her on Lithium like me. Joyce had a kidney transplant and says the Lithium ruined her kidneys. Kind of a scary thing to know as I take a large dose of Lithium every night. You better bet I am going to be better about having my blood work done to check my Lithium levels. I have been lazy about it in the past.

A video from last year of the same walk I took today.



9 comments:

mosiacmind said...

I really enjoy it Andrew when you share your pictures. I know that it would be wise for you to have your levels checked on a regular basis since you take lithium. So....was wondring if Joyce is back home? I hope that you have a great weekend.

Cheryl said...

It was good to take that walk again with you. Remember when you used to walk everyday? I'd like to see the one with the cows. Is that still around somewhere?

Upsy-Downsy said...

Andrew,

I would like to know the history of the old buildings you post on your blog. Every town has it's special history which is very unique and interesting.

SuzanneFord said...

Getting your lithium level checked isn't enough. You also need to have your kidney function checked 3 to 4 times a year by your doctor-more bloodwork and you need to get your doctor to tell you the signs of lithium toxicity. Also, avoid all aspirin, ibuprofren, any NSAIDS except Tylenol while on lithium and avoid any nephrotoxic drug prescribed. Make sure all doctors know you are on lithium before prescribing. Better yet, try something else less dangerous to your long term health.

http://hymes.wordpress.com
kidney failure from lithium taken as prescribed

simonsays said...

I love walking in the rain if it's warm out...and you take great photos, but I've already told you that...

Yes, do take the blood tests seriously, it sounds like there could be some problems if they are left unnoticed.

Have a very good day today, Andrew!

:)

Sharyna said...

I just wanted you to know that the pics you post really perk me up.

sharyna

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I remember that video from last year! AH yeah, I've read you for a year now!
Happy Sunday!!
Always,
Elizabeth

villain820 said...

Very cool video. I love seeing the cotton mill in your videos and pics.

When I was younger I read Eli Whitney's bio and have been interested in cotton ever since.

Have a great day and Maggie too!

Tee said...

You must have blood work on a regular basis. Believe me you DO NOT want your kidneys to fail. One of my best friends had kidney failure and ended up having a transplant. GET YOUR BLOOD TESTS for your kidney function. Loved the video of the trains.