Saturday, April 19, 2008

Everyone Liked Her...

I was eating breakfast this morning and trying to think of what to do today.   I realized I would be perfectly happy listening to the radio all day and browsing the Internet.  I am supposed to feel guilty about this in our productive crazy society.  I didn't.  I felt resigned to my lot in life.  And still.  There just is not a lot you can do if you don't have any money.  I can't go to a Saturday afternoon matinee, or a meal at Applebee's, or just a burger and fries at McDonald's.  I am not complaining mind you.  I willfully gave up the money this time around. 

I also thought of calling Rosa.  "How are you?" I would ask.  Most people are flattered by the attention and she would eat it up.  I know I would.  I was too afraid of rejection, though.  I didn't want to leave my happiness today up to the wiles of a woman.  And a fickle woman at that.  She could have spurned me and sent me into an emotional tailspin.  So much of life is a gamble.  I just want to draw a 21.  Blackjack!

I keep saying I am going to start walking for miles again everyday.  I have these grand dreams of being the walking man.  We once had this developmentally stunted girl in town that would spend her days walking.  She was such a familiar landmark that people would blow their horns and wave as they drove by her.  She would wave back and smile.  She lost a hundred pounds doing that and was a friend to everyone.  I want to by the town's next landmark.  To be a friend to everyone.  It is not going to happen with me sitting in the house on the computer as I listen to the radio.  

1 comment:

Upsy-Downsy said...

Go for it Andrew!...Be your town's next landmark.

The best way to cure lonliness and lift your spirits is to go do something nice for someone else...someone that you know is in need. Good friends are created that way.

Oh! And I really miss hearing about "the gang". Your blog IS IMPORTANT to me. I check your blog several times a day...I look forward to reading your new entries...even the Twitter.

You are helping me in ways you can not believe. THANK YOU, ANDREW