Monday, February 06, 2017

$104.79 Somolians...

"Get you some frozen meals with lots of vegetables in them," my father told me as we walked across Kroger's parking lot. "Carrots and broccoli and such."

My father was coaching me. My father had his own agenda tonight as well. That didn't stop him from making my business his business, too!

I walked into Kroger and headed straight to produce to get my allotment of bananas for the week -- two big bunches. I thought I saw Jermaine in my peripheral vision and I headed the other way. I could hear the whir of one of those motorized shopping carts. I love Jermaine, bless his heart, but tonight wasn't a night for lengthy conversations about nonsense. I wonder if he was eating more grapes?

I grabbed a loaf of bread and a lemon meringue pie and Hershey's creme pie. Then it was time to buy those "much coveted" frozen meals. Dad caught up with me and started to fill my cart with meals.

"This chicken parmigiana meal looks delicious and has vegetables as well," my father said as he got four of those meals and put them in my cart.

It is actually a really good meal to get -- one of Marie's finest.

"I want some more meatloaf, niblet corn, mashed potatoes and gravy," I then said joining in on the festivities.

My father put four of those meals in my cart as well. I grabbed four turkey and dressing meals and tossed then into my cart for good measure along with two boxes of four cheese, three meat lasagna.

My last item to get was my three (journal writing) drinks and we were ready for checkout.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I don't know why your dad pushes those frozen dinners...there's a lot of sodium in them..and that's bad..could you just cook some fresh vegetables? Maybe he thinks you won't eat anything but pie if he doesn't make you buy those frozen dinners...