Saturday, February 04, 2017

It Tastes Mediciney...

I just called my father and left a message...
Good morning! I hope you are okay. Would you please put out my Cokes so that they will be cold when I come and get them? I hope things are pleasant and that you have something neat to do today. Your porkchops and rice were exquisite last night.
Dad also gave me some spicy cheese straws that my cousin Jean made and they were delicious as well.

I really need my medications this morning, but I was too much of a chicken shit to ask -- too much of a wimp. I've got the jitters and feel as if I am about to jump out of my skin. That could all be cured within one hour of taking my medications. I need to grow a serious backbone. The thought of waiting till tonight is almost unbearable.

Subsequent Call -- The Godfather Calls Back...

"Hey Chuck!" my father said in a very chipper and good mood. "I am putting your Cokes out. I am doing laundry right now to give me something to wear at work next week."

"Do you think we could maybe take my medications?" I asked with great trepidation and hope.

"Let's wait until 5 PM," my father replied. "We need to get back on schedule."

"Yeah, I've just gotten used to taking them earlier in the day this week."

Damn!

Well, at least that is better than waiting until 9 PM tonight -- count your blessings. The only real minus to taking my medications early is that Maggie misses seeing my father every night. I always take them over at my father's house.

On a Very Good and Inspiring Note...

We are moving closer to building the Chattahoochee Valley Model Railway in my computer room which will soon become the model train room. The computers will go into my bedroom after moving some furniture around. I inherited a little money from mom and it is going to be used for my model railroading dream.

Charlie stopped by this morning and looked at my closet in the computer room. I want to tear it out and make room for a model railroading empire. That will give me a completely square room to work with. We are also going to have to tear the windows out and put up dry wall or at least cover them so the horizon of the room will be seamless and curved in the corners. I will have to paint the clouds and the sky with my airbrush.

"I'll get my nephew, Jimmy James, to stop by and look at it," Charlie said excitedly. "It shouldn't be that expensive. Jimmy James is an asshole, but he does excellent work."


No comments: