Tuesday, February 21, 2017

And Water Fell From the Beyond...

It is raining here at quite a good clip. Maggie has been whining because she had to use the bathroom and didn't want to get wet. This usually means that I get wet as well. Misery loves company as the old saying goes.

"Come on sweetheart," I told her kindly as I pulled on a weatherproof jacket. "It's potty break time."

She was then waiting on me at the back door. I have never seen a dog so adverse to getting wet. If you turn on the water in the tub, she will go flying out the dog door thinking she is getting a bath.

It didn't take Maggie long to wee wee and we were back inside when the heavens opened up as I shut the back door. First thing a wet Maggie did? Go jump on the bed and take a nap. I chuckled. To be a dog. I got her off the sheets so she could lay on the comforter on top.

It should rain for the rest of the night which will make for great sleeping weather tonight. They, the Weather Service, say we are under drought conditions. All this rain should help.

Grand Central Junction...

Charlie helped for several hours this morning and now my "computer room" is completely devoid of anything -- it is a perfectly empty room.

"What are we going to do about the windows?" I asked Charlie.

"We are going to tear out the inside frames and leave the windows intact," he said. "We will then put sheet rock over them and you are going to need track lighting for the ceiling to light the room and to light your model railroad."

I also want to put a light colored linoleum over the hardwood floor in that room.

No comments: