Tuesday, February 07, 2017

They Call Him The Flash...

Maggie and I were both looking out my den window when my father arrived much to our elation. Maggie and I were certainly ready for the Calvary to storm the battlefield.

Johnny Otis didn't waste any time at all tonight performing the medication ritual in haste. We hurried Maggie's ritual along as well. Dad about dropped Maggie's ceramic water bowl.

"Son? You okay before I go?" dad asked me standing by my front door. "I am going to head on early. I am dog tired."

I had been so lonely for company all day, but I didn't tell him.

"I'm perfectly fine," I told him. "You head on home and enjoy your evening. I am just going to dick around on the computer till about midnight."

Dad usually stays 15 - 30 minutes making sure I keep my medications down. Years, and I mean years ago, I would always throw my medications up when he left. I thought he was trying to mind control me with those dastardly pills.. He finally caught on to what was going on. After all these years, he still fears I will throw up my medications.

We are certainly living on easy street tonight. My very thoughtful father also remembered to bring my six diet Cokes and two packs of cigarillos despite working all day. I told my father "awesome!" when I saw the bag he had in his hands. My dearly departed mother, the secretary, would have been extremely proud of Papa.

No comments: