Thursday, February 16, 2017

And He Wonders Where I Get it From...

I've learned to turn my TV off when it is about time for my father to arrive.  My father is completely addicted to the television. Then, I have his attention and we can carry on a normal conversation.

I forgot tonight and my father zeroed in on the TV like Big Boy on Hiroshima and was asking me questions about what was on. I call most TV "Cops and Robbers" as so many countless shows revolve around murder, crime, and the penal system.

"It is all social manipulation and conditioning," I told my father and he chuckled and said that's the paranoid side of my schizophrenia talking.

As my father was leaving, he asked me about how I felt about mom.

"It gets easier as each day passes by," I told him. "I keep thinking she will call soon and see how I and the Magster are doing."

"At least, she didn't have a long protracted illness in the nursing home or the hospital," my father told me to soften the blow. "Let's count our blessings."

We proceeded to take my medications as another Klonopin fell out of my father's hand and went rolling across the floor. We did manage to find it by my entertainment center. Whew!

This Intrigued Me...

I am a super Big Mac fan and I have been claiming for years that the Big Mac keeps getting smaller and smaller as the price increases. I am getting me a Grand Mac tomorrow and we will see how it tastes. How many calories do you think that burger is going to entail?



4 comments:

glittermom said...

I've been wanting a Big Mac. I don't know if I want the grand Mac. ...it's a limited time so maybe I should get it....is it just bigger patties?

glittermom said...

I just looked it up.....860 calories for the grand mac!

Rita said...

The Big Mac topic is an interesting one. I probably hadn't had one in 20 years, but had one a couple weeks ago. I was greatly disappointed. I thought there would be more flavor to it, but it was pretty blah! I will be interested to hear what you think. But the calories! I didn't even think about how many calories it would have.

Summer said...

The grand mac patties are the size of the quarter pounder and the little mac is a regular hamburger with big mac fixings.