Thursday, February 23, 2017

That's One Hell of an Injection You've Got There...

I think I am the only person in the world that can fall asleep sitting upright in their chair. I was sound asleep in my Laz-E-Boy when the shrill phone rang and I was jolted out of a very peaceful slumber and sweet dreams.

Reality Bites...

"We both forgot your injection!" my father said, sounding frantic as if the Titanic were sinking.

I wanted to tell my father women and children first.

I pulled on some pants, grabbed a jacket, and out my front door I went. Keep in mind that I was in a deep REM sleep just mere minutes ago. I felt very impaired on the drive to the pharmacy. I kept having this feeling that my car was not going to stop at traffic lights which is extremely, incredibly disconcerting. Yes, it would've have been a white-knuckled ride with Andrew this morning.

"You are never late," Rebecca playfully ribbed me and giving me a hard time. "I was going to call your father if you haven't arrived at 10:00 AM."

As I was leaving, patients started to  quickly fill the lobby hoping to see a doctor. I had perfect timing on that matter today.

No comments: