Sunday, February 26, 2017

Happy Meals ala Charlie...

"Where's dad?" I curiously asked Charlie as I walked across the yard to help him get inside. I was dismayed when he didn't come. I had been looking forward to seeing him all day.

"He has a date tonight and don't you dare let your father know I told you!" Charlie told me. "I think they went to Valdosta out to eat out for some reason."

Tonight, Charlie brought my Sunday night supper. I got a 3pc meal, original, and two boxes of crispy wedges. I am still looking for the biscuit.

"Now, let me see you swallow them," Charlied said during the medication ritual.

We made sure Maggie was set for another day and Charlie hurried home to brood that needed to be fed.

7 comments:

Third door down on the left said...

Not to be rude but did Charlie mean a real date? It just seems so soon but I guess to each his own.

Has your father switched cars with you yet? And how are you feeling? It has been 15 years since my father passed and I still feel overwhelmed at times. It is a whole different pain when you lose a parent.
J

Christina said...

A DATE????

amelia said...

REALLY???? Already????

glittermom said...

I'm sure this has been going on for awhile..Andrews mother complained that he was always on the phone in the other room...and he spent a lot of time away from home...

Kran's Crackers said...

Not for us to judge. Many men can't bear to be alone after the death of a spouse and quickly seek companionship. We have no idea of the nature of anyone else's relationships.

skinny minny said...

Men tend to get back out there very quickly.

Christina said...

Kran is correct. Who am I to judge? I think because we care about Jonathon, we are naturally surprised. If it is indeed true. It may not be. So, MYOB will be my person motto.