Monday, February 13, 2017

Full Moon = Full Lunatic...

Dad showed up at my house a little late as I expected, He was tired and he was a little sad and melancholy. He had been down to Auburn to see his big Buddy J.L. who is dying from prostate cancer (we hope not but it is looking grim). That's why he was so late and I felt ashamed of myself for doubting him. We took my medications and fulfilled our obligation to our dearest Maggie. Next, was a short drive to Kroger.

"Goddamn, how does a grocery store run out of bananas?" dad said scratching his head in thought.

"There goes my main snack for the week," I replied stymied. "And welcome to Kroger."

Even the organic bananas were sold out. I usually buy two big bunches of green ripening bananas. I got a honeydew melon and a cantaloupe melon to make up for the missing bananas mishap.

"Now, I am getting some rechargeable batteries and a charger," I alerted and warned my father. "I also need a new flashlight as well. It might be a little pricey."

Those were some expensive purchases once we tallied everything up. I had spent $94. I looked at my father and my face flushed in embarrassment. Yeah, I am a rabble-rouser.

The hardest part of buying groceries is getting everything inside and put away. I also have to keep the Magster on the other side of my front door lest she runs frolicking out the front yard and the neighborhood.

2 comments:

Christina said...

You're not a lunatic, Jonathon. You are entitled to be frustrated and annoyed. Your dad has the choice to communicate with you better. Allow yourself normal feelings like the rest of us.

diana said...

I stopped at my local Meijers last night and they were also low on bananas. I wonder if there is some issue? The bananas they did have (very few) were green. I'm going to Whole Foods on my lunch break today for produce.