Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tomorrow is Here...

Dad and I escaped Kroger at almost midnight last night.

"We made it Chuck!," my father exclaimed bolstering the troops as we walked across the parking lot to our cars.

Loading and unloading my car is the hardest part of this adventure for me.

"Sorry, I was so late tonight," my father profusely told me and he apologized. My only real worry last night was withdrawal from my medications and I could feel it in the pit of my stomach. We took my medications very late last night before our grocery trip.

The after 10:00 AM self-checkout lines were cranky tonight causing us much strife and delay. You can only checkout with self service after 10:00 at our Kroger. We kept having to call the attendant. I was starting to get angry at going so late, but I am now just glad and ecstatic to have food in the house. I unloaded my food and put it away.

Count your blessings as the old saying goes. More Auschwitz Mantra evoking moments for me to ponder. I wonder about the veracity of those sayings that the Russians would stand in line an hour for one roll of toilet paper during the cold war.

I was thinking tonight that why don't I get the three cheese tortellini meals and compliment them with real Parmesan cheese or "stinky cheese" as we always called it when we were kids. I've got one tortellini meal in the microwave so we can see how it tastes.

Dad was also remarking tonight about the Promised Land chocolate milk I found and get every week.

"The grand kids love it and I always keep a couple quarts in the fridge," he told me.

No comments: