Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Constantly Consta...

My father generally dissuades us from calling him at work on his cell phone. I had a good reason to call him in that my injection is this Thursday.  My mom, the secretary, used to keep up with this task with alacrity. I was being proactive. I also wanted to make my father proud of me for taking an active role in my mental health and remembering such details.

"You are right, Chuck," he told me happily after looking at my next appointment card.

"Check and make sure one injection is in the store's refrigerators," I told my father anally.

"Yep, we've got one," my father said. "I will see you tonight when I give you your medications."

He told me he loved me and we got off the phone.

Mom also handled all of Maggie's healthcare.  I need to get mom's most interesting calendar and check when it is time for Maggie's flea and heart-worm medications. I think they are due. I also want to know when it is time to take the Magster in for her yearly checkup.

1 comment:

Kran's Crackers said...

It sounds like you're being very proactive in both your own medical care and Maggie's. I know your Dad must be very pleased to hear that. You have strengths that you haven't given yourself credit for, I think. Give yourself a pat on the back every now and then!
- Sharon -