Saturday, February 11, 2017

If I Could Only Catch My Shadow...

It's been very quiet around here leaving me with little to write about except mundane type stuff. I did go to father's house this afternoon to watch our favorite cooking shows on Georgia Public television. We both enjoy those programs very much. My favorite show is America's Test Kitchen. It seems more like chemistry rather than cooking.

"I am cooking supper for me and you," my father told me as we sat in his den. "Don't eat this afternoon and ruin your appetite.

"What are you cooking?" I asked with a growling stomach and an inquisitive mind.

"We are going to have what was left of that roast I cooked the other day. We are also going to have your favorite french style green beans and  buttery creamed potatoes."

That all sounded so very delicious. Sadly, I didn't do so well this week with my groceries. I've got a half loaf of bread and some Beefaroni to last me until Monday night. Charlie will bring sausage biscuits and a cola in the morning. I also have Sunday night fried chicken as well to tide me over until grocery night.

An Automobile to Covet...


While I was at my father's house, I walked downstairs to the garage to have another gander at my mom's Honda Civic. I sat in the car for quite awhile listening to a jazz CD and then I looked at the engine for a moment as well. My only real qualm about my mother's car is that the engine only has a single overhead cam instead of a double overhead cam.

My father says he is going to let me have it once it has been serviced and four new tires have been added. There is also a little bit of bodywork that needs be done which will the most expensive aspect of this project. Mom hit a parking pylon shortly before her passing.

"We've got to get my car cleaned up before we give it to Mrs. Sandra," I told my father. "She is going to be so surprised!"

No comments: