Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Perfectly Deplorable...


So, Papa is heading home after a rough day. It was pouring down rain when he arrived. A few hundred miles to the North and then we would be having a historic snowstorm. Dad shook off his umbrella and put it by the door before he came inside.

"I filled over 300 prescriptions today if you can believe it!" my father told me proudly as he sat down on my couch.

Dad handed me my crazy meds and I gulped them down all at once.

Maggie snuggled close up him with him being Gamma dog who is allowed such amenities. It is certainly is deplorable weather outside and perfect weather for warm homes and even warmer hearths. He had also remembered to bring my cigarillos and Cokes and for that I was very happy and animatedly so. I thought I was going to have to drive and get them in this terrible weather.

"Let's give Ms. Maggins her food and water and I shall be on my way," my father told me.

I am fixing to go crack open one of my Diet Cokes which are getting icy in my freezer, light a cherry hinted cigarillo, and recline in my chair with my iPad and this months Model Railroader magazine.


2 comments:

amelia said...

Do you ever forget your cokes in the freezer and have a big mess??

glittermom said...

I had a case of cokes on my inclosed back porch....it got extremely cold and they froze...then exploded...what a mess..Coke everywhere.