Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Bobby Burgers Delight...

My father gave me a big surprise tonight. You know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach right? That certainly applies to me as well. Dad brought bobby burgers or more widely known as Manwiches. He cooks them from scratch saying the stuff in the can tastes funny and has a twang.

One important thing I've noticed about my father lately is that he is no longer drinking all that wine. The boozy visits have ceased. He was playing with hell-fire with a family history of Uncles and Aunts on both sides of his family who were all severe alcoholics. My fall from grace would have been several years ago if I tried that stunt.

Pluses and Minuses...




The photo above is how far along I want to be in two or a few more months. I want to have the benchwork up and the trains rolling.

Charlie called me tonight just after my father left.

"Did Jimmy James ever show up?" Charlie asked.

Charlie was fixing to come over and see his handiwork.

"He never showed," I told Charlie -- his aggravation apparent. "I stayed close to home hoping he would be here any moment."

"He's a pain in the ass, but he sure does damn good work!"

1 comment:

Summer said...

What is he going to do with the closet? Post before and after pictures.