Wednesday, February 01, 2017

The Dope Man...

The phone rang loudly and obtrusively this afternoon as I was in a pivotal point in a retro video game I was playing.

"I am headed to the Circle K," my father said. "I will meet you there."

I told my father I would be there in just a minute as I saved the state of the game I was playing.

I pulled into Circle K and dad was already pumping gas into his car. The total was $27.91 I distinctly remembered as I told my father he was running on completely dead empty.

"My low fuel light was on," he told me. "When it does then I have 30 miles of gas left before empty."

He handed me $5 bucks and told me to get some of my tutti fruity drinks I so love. He always says my dearly departed mother and I have the taste buds of small children. I got two Mountain Dews for over $3 dollars. When did drinks get so expensive? You used to could get a 20oz Coca-Cola for .99 cents. My father told me that everything is more expensive these days when I complained about the price.

We got in dad's car and I took my dope from the dope man.

"I know you don't want these Klonopin," my father said jokingly with a sly grin.

"Gimme, Gimme!" I replied playfully.

Really, to be honest about the matter, I really can't feel its effects much lately. It has a placebo effect more than anything I think.

Mom's Honda Civic LX...

Momma sure was hell on wheels...

"I am going to get your mother's car fixed up next month," my father told me as we sat in his car. "Just give me some time to get things together."

"She hit a parking pole a few months ago and also hit the garage door again," my father then told me. "I want to get that fixed before I give that car to you. I also want to get all the fluids changed and the car tuned up at the Honda dealership. I am also leaning on putting 4 new tires on that car as well."

All I could say was, "Thank you so very much and I will take good care of the car."

Manna From Heaven...

"Wait, before you go," my father said as I opened his car door.

He reached into his backseat.

"Here's a container of lasagna. I cooked a big pan around lunch. I gave half to your brother and sister-in-law. I am giving you the rest. It was your mother's recipe and it is delicious.


1 comment:

Kran's Crackers said...

I hope you're doing well. Just wanted to say that. Take care.
- Sharon -