Thursday, February 09, 2017

Nurse Adulation...

To All the Kind Healthcare Providers, Bless You!

My father pulled me to the side of the pharmacy counter and admonished me for what I was wearing today. He calls my disheveled and mix-mashed attire the "homeless look". I had on gray elastic sweatpants, a long-sleeved gray pullover shirt with a white cotton t-shirt underneath, and some Nike Air Jordan tennis shoes. I didn't need a coat or jacket today as it was very mild outside.

"Wash your socks with bleach as well," he told me very carefully not to upset me. "They are looking kind of dingy."

"I barely got up and got going this morning," I explained to my father. "I grabbed the first thing I could wear. I feel very self-conscious about what I am wearing as well."

"We just need to go buy you some decent clothes," he said to me with a kinder tone to his voice. "Getting you to wear them is a whole other matter."

I was still almost half asleep and very disorganized as I grabbed my injection from my father's hands and drove the short distance to Kamath Medical. I was completely on autopilot and you could tell I needed my injection. I had barely sat down in the lobby when Rebecca called me back to an examining room. It made me smile a warm smile. I told her it was so very, very good to see her.

"You're going to have to bear with me this morning," I warned my dear nurse Rebecca. "I smell like Irish Spring deodorant, wet dog, and smoldering cigars."

Rebecca laughed jovially and told me not to worry about it. She said she has seen and smelled at lot worse things ar Kamath Medical. Ah, bless!

No comments: