Friday, February 17, 2017

You Only Get One...

My father went to J.L.s visitation tonight at the funeral home. I thought he would be extremely late, but he arrived at 8:30 PM.-- which is about the normal time my father arrives after work. I sighed with relief as Maggie and I headed to the front door in the den to greet him. I had planned a midnight vigil for his arrival.

"Papa's Here!!!" I said loudly to Maggie.

Death was knocking on my door and making me think out of the box this morning about some neat changes I could and should incorporate in my life seeing that I only have one. I decided I am going to play fewer video games and put those efforts into model railroading (true artistry), online learning or my online journal. I will love to grace the pages of Model Railroader some day.

Liaisons...

"Tara asked about you," my father then told me.

Dad didn't sit down on the couch as he had dark pants on and didn't want to get Maggie's hair all over them. We stood in the den talking. We also took my medications and headed to the laundry room to take care of Maggie's ritual. Some things must go on come hell or high water.

Tara is J.L's daughter. She is also one helluva go-getter. She was Auburn University's most valuable employee last year.

"I told her you loved her and that you appreciated the card she sent you after your mother's death."

"Remind me to get another card when we go shopping at Kroger Monday night," I replied to my father. "So I can return the favor."

No comments: